Ideas to Make Happy Lifelong Relationship
The fact is that relationships are hard. Ideas to build, strengthen, & enhance your relationship.
25. Special HobbyFind some type of hobby that you both enjoy and then do it together. It might be that you both love refurnishing furniture. Turn this into an adventure of going to estate sales together to find nice pieces of furniture and them refurbishing them as a team. Another option would be if you have both wanted to learn how to ballroom or salsa dance. Take lessons together so you can then go out on the town and dance the night away. This is a great way to make your relationship even stronger while adding in something fun that you both enjoy.
32. Be YourselfDo not be phony in your relationship, trying to be someone or something different as a way to please your mate. For a relationship to work, both people need to be themselves and react to things naturally. Just imagine if you are really kind of on the silly side, enjoying life to the fullest. Then you meet a wonderful person who is much more conservative than you are. Because you are attracted to them, you try to squelch your normal vibrant personality. You are miserable and eventually, the person is going to be exposed to the “real” you. You have to base any relationship on honesty or it will eventually fall apart.
72. New AdventuresArrange for the two of you to try something new together. If you are both the athletic type, enter yourselves into some type of physical competition. If the two of you like the fine arts, audition for roles in a local community theater. Perhaps you like to travel. If so, arrange for a short trip to some place exotic that you have never been before.
49. Strong Family TiesWhen in a relationship, not only are you involved with the love of your life, but also the family of your mate. It is important to build a strong, healthy relationship with the families as well. Even if you do not see them often, having a good connection with your mate's family will make life for everyone much better all the way around.
58. Coupon BookCreate a coupon book filled with any number you like of 20-minute massages. One day when least expected, when your mate comes dragging in the door tired after a long, hard day at work, present this along with a gentle kiss. Although you are the one offering the massages, if you remain faithful to your coupons and never grumble, your love life will more than likely be enhanced and before long, your mate will be the one giving you massages.
5. Needed SpaceAs important as it is to spend quality time together, it is equally important to give each other time to do something they like. If your mate loves to fish but you have no desire to bait a hook with little, slimy worms, or if you like to go to the casino but your mate would rather do something different, encourage each other to take time apart. Try establishing a set time for this very purpose, if possible. For example, perhaps you could determine that every other Friday night is “singles” night. This is not a time to date other people, but to enjoy preferred activities. Remember that you have to place trust in your relationship. If you try this and then drill them, to see what they did, whom they were with, and where they went, then the exercise has failed.
97. SpiritualityStatistics show that couples that spend time in church together usually have strong relationships. Bringing spirituality into your relationship is important. Allow the love of God to be your ultimate guide and spend time having devotions together at night. If you are just starting out dating, religious preference may not seem like a big deal at first, but soon into the relationship, it can be a big trouble spot. Make time for God in your life and consider dating someone who shares the same faith!
64. A Day at the SpaFor couples where the mother or father stays home and takes care of the children all day long, show your appreciation for the hard work that takes. Hire a babysitter for about four hours and give your mate a gift certificate to a local spa where they can enjoy a relaxing massage, mineral springs, sauna, mud wrap, or whatever special treatments are available.
91. No Place for AbuseRegardless of how much you love your mate and believe in who they are, there is NEVER an appropriate time for abuse, whether physical, emotional, or verbal. If your mate shows aggression or any form of abuse toward you, seek counseling for both of you immediately to try to work through things. If your mate refuses to go, even if it is hard, leave. First is your safety. Second, it is possible for people to learn ways in which to manage their aggressions. If this is the case, the life of the relationship has a much better chance of surviving!
13. Dinner PartyStart a new tradition of hosting a dinner party every other month or two and inviting several of you and your mate's friends. Set up board games that everyone will enjoy, have some light and lively music playing, and plan to have a blast. Spending time with friends in this kind of setting is a great way to reduce stress. When stress is low, couples get along better. This is a wonderful way to interact with each other's friends as a couple.
101 Ideas ...
101 Ideas to Improve your Life
101 Weird Human Body Facts
101 Traps and Puzzles
101 Strangest Laws Around the World
101 Ideas to Overcome Shyness
101 Ideas to Feel Happy
101 Ideas to Keep Doctors Away
101 Ice Cream Flavors
101 Amazing Animal Data
101 Home Makeover Ideas
101 Ideas to Get Exercise
101 Best Date Ideas
101 Save Money Ideas
101 Interesting Body Realities
101 Ideas for Cooking
101 Reasons to Stay Single
101 Ideas to Impress Girls
101 Healthy Eating Habits
101 Ideas to Have A Great Day
101 Weight Loss Ideas
101 Ideas to Enjoy Your Life
101 Ideas to Bust your Boredom
101 Reasons to go Vegetarian
101 Home Design Ideas
101 Words to Admire Somebody
101 Ideas to Make the World a Better Place
101 Best Beaches
101 Ideas to Prevent Headache
101 Ideas to Freak Out Your Roommate
101 Ideas to say I Love You to your Wife
101 Benefits of Meditation
101 Romantic Ideas
101 Ideas to Say NO
101 Terrific History Truths
101 Kitchen Design Ideas
101 Ideas to Save Ten Dollar a Week
101 Spectacular Science Specifics
101 Ideas to Create Humor at Work
101 Ideas for Exercises
101 Ideas to Develop Your Mind
101 Places to visit in India
101 Ideas to Show Your Love
101 Ideas to Make Happy Lifelong Relationship
101 Ideas to Cope with Stress
101 Ideas to increase Website Traffic
101 Awful Food Facts
101 Things to Do Before You Die
101 Baby Friendly Decorations Ideas
101 Ideas to Refuse Nicely
101 Ideas to Boost Business
101 Reasons to Exercise
101 Interior Design Ideas
101 Ideas to say I Love You
101 Christmas Decorating Ideas
101 Reasons to Get Married
101 Ideas to Motivate
101 Ideas to Inspire you Writing
101 Ideas to Annoy People